A global leader in pharmaceutical solutions, custom specialties and personal care
A unique expertise and know-how
Our mission is to bring our R&D and industrial capabilities to bear on our customers’ projects, thanks to a unique range of skills and a broad spectrum of technologies.
In our R&D centers around the world, more than 300 scientists, engineers and experts work with our customers on customized solutions for the production of their ingredients and molecules at an industrial scale.
An integrated partner
Seqens supports its customers in the production of active ingredients, from the early clinical phases to industrialization and marketing. The group masters the production of a vast portfolio of active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates and generics.
Seqens also develops custom specialty products for the most demanding industries.
Driven by a culture of excellence and a strong entrepreneurial spirit, our 3,500 employees are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service and quality.
The group’s values
Guided by a true entrepreneurial spirit, SEQENS success is based on our culture of excellence with the constant goal of providing our customers with the highest level of service and the best performing products.
Respect and concern for the individual define our identity. The company provides its employees with optimal working conditions for their development and the achievement of their goals. Attentive to the territories where our facilities are located, Seqens is committed to the development of local initiatives that are important to the communities and the environment.
Finally, Seqens and all its subsidiaries are committed to complying with the most stringent laws and regulations (in particular the anti-bribery law) that govern our activities worldwide by following a strict line of conduct. Seqens ensures that all persons involved in business relationships (employees, suppliers and customers), and in particular those recruited and acting on our behalf, undertake to comply with the legal provisions and rules defined by the Seqens Code of Conduct when carrying out their activities.
We manufacture a broad range of ingredients for the pharmaceutical industry : Generic and custom API’s, Intermediates and Excipients
We manufacture a wide range of ingredients for the personal care market.
We develop custom specialties ingredients and manufacture high quality specialized chemical products
Strong capabilities in R&D services
- Creation of Novacap Group in 2003
- Launch of Isopropanol unit (IPA) at Roussillon
- Implementing concrete CSR objectives to meet the highest safety, quality and environmental standards.
- First acquisitions in the Pharmaceutical sector
- Acquisition of one of the leaders in Aspirin and Paracetamol (Novacyl)
- Acquisition of a German company manufacturing active pharmaceutical ingredients and specialty intermediates (Uetikon)
- Development of “Solvents” activities
- Launch of the isopropyl acetate unit (IPAC)
- Expansion of R&D capabilities and services with the creation of the SEQENS’LAB
- Expansion of our CDMO business
- Acquisition of PCAS, specialized in the development and production of complex molecules for life sciences and innovative technologies (CDMO)
- Acquisition of PCI Synthesis, an American company specialized in the development and contract manufacturing of pharmaceutical ingredients (CDMO).
- Expansion of our specialty ingredients business
Acquisition of Chemoxy International Ltd, a contract manufacturer of specialty chemicals and environmentally friendly solvents.
- Acquisition of ID bio, manufacturer of natural ingredients, and H2B, manufacturer of ingredients for in vitro diagnostics.
- Launch of a new production unit for the manufacture of DIPE (Diisopropyl Ether)
- Strengthening our technology offering
- New HPAPI units on the Villeneuve-la-Garenne & Aramon sites
- New Flow Chemistry Pilot
- New fermentation unit (Protéus by SEQENS)
Launch of a new unit at the Billingham site dedicated to the manufacture of products for the personal care sector
- Launch of a new Isopropanol unit in Roussillon
- Acquisition of Wavelength Pharmaceuticals, a manufacturer of active pharmaceutical ingredients, strengthening our generics portfolio.
- Launch of the 12 critical molecules project
- Launch of a new Paracetamol Unit project planned for 2025