Seqens Group remains fully mobilized to guarantee the safety and health of our employees and to ensure the continuity of its activities
Press Release COVID-19- Ecully, March 19, 2020
Since the beginning of the week, the coronavirus crisis has accelerated with the implementation of unprecedented measures of containment and social distancing in each of the ten countries where SEQENS is present.
Ensuring the safety and health of our employees and subcontractors
In the context of this exceptional situation, we have implemented strict social distancing and hygiene measures from the beginning of the crisis at all our sites in order to guarantee the safety and health of our employees and subcontractors and to contain the pandemic in accordance with the most stringent recommendations of the relevant health authorities. Each SEQENS site, worldwide, has a crisis management unit whose mission is to ensure that reinforced hygiene measures, protective measures and social distancing are respected. They are coordinated by the group to ensure a homogeneous, rapid and efficient deployment. In all our plants, our R&D centers and headquarters, our employees are provided with practical solutions to ensure their day-to-day safety and a hygienic operating environment. This is our priority.
Ensuring the continuity of all our activities, essential to our customers, people’s daily lives and the overall economy.
The governments of those countries affected by strict containment measures have unanimously reiterated that companies must take all the necessary social distancing and hygiene measures in order to organize business continuity. Within this framework, SEQENS ensures the supply, production and distribution of its products to better serve and support its customers in this unprecedented crisis. Regarding this situation, our customers can reach their usual contacts who remain available to answer their questions or if they wish send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also invite them to consult the regular information we publish on our websitewww.seqens.com
With respect to this health crisis, our products and developments are more vital than ever before
Through its 24 industrial sites and 3 R&D centers, SEQENS’ 3,200 employees are proud to design, develop and produce active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates and specialties that are essential to ensure the availability of basic necessities or to fight the spread of the pandemic. We are all committed to fulfil our role in an industry that is vital to our citizens, particularly in this health crisis.
On behalf of the entire SEQENS Group, our customers and partners, I would like to warmly thank all our employees for all the actions implemented since the beginning of the crisis, ensuring the continuity of our activities in order to supply these essential products.
The products manufactured by SEQENS, are essential in the fight against the pandemic:
- One of the widest ranges of active ingredients and pharmaceutical intermediates, such as paracetamol or aspirin, used in the composition of many drugs for which purchase restrictions has been restricted by governments in response to an increase of demand
- SEQENS’ Lab teams work closely in partnership with pharmaceutical groups to develop in a short timeframe antivirals or other active ingredients and solutions needed to fight this kind of pandemic.
Many speciality ingredients are used in hygiene products that are critical in the fight against the spread of the pandemic, such as:
- Isopropanol: this solvent is used as the main component in the composition of hydroalcoholic solutions, and SEQENS is the leading French producer as well as one of the major European players.
- Hydroalcoholic solution: our Bourgoin-Jallieu (France) site immediately made available two production lines allowing the production of more than 30,000 litres per day. These large quantities are intended primarily for the hospital and healthcare sectors, but also for massive distribution in France.
- Solvents, specialty ingredients, mineral specialties: ten of our sites manufacture products that are used in the composition of many hygiene and health products to effectively fight the spread of the virus
- Specialty ingredients whose applications are vital to people, such as water treatment, for the proper supply of drinking water to confined populations or the preservation of food products.