Discover ChemoxyCare® 8, a Seqens Custom Specialties’ product and its benefits.
Technical characteristicsChemoxyCare® 8
CAS N°: 1117-86-8
Synonyms: 1, 2-Octanediol
Odour: Very Low Odour
Colour: 30 Hazen Max
Assay (glc): 99.0% Min
Water Content: 0.3%w/w Max
WHY USE CHEMOXYCARE® 8?
Straight chain 1, 2-alkanediols have been used for almost 25 years as moisturizers with multifunctional activities.
ChemoxyCare® 8 has moisturizing abilities and anti-microbial activities and ChemoxyCare® 8 will work synergistically with other preservatives in personal care formulations, it is often co-formulated with 1,2-Hexanediol or Phenoxyethanol and is used to replace parabens. ChemoxyCare® 8 is also known as 1,2-Octanediol or Caprylyl glycol.
The key aspect of ChemoxyCare® 8, is its chemical purity , which stems from 2 facets of Seqens Custom Specialies’ production – our controlled reaction chemistry is such that purity is higher and impurities are minimised through our sophisticated distillation capability.
Benefits of ChemoxyCare® 8:
- ChemoxyCare® 8 has no pH restrictions when used in formulations.
- ChemoxyCare®8 use in formulations tends to be below 1% w/w levels.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 has good antimicrobial resistance to Gram+, Gram- and Yeast.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 also has moderate performance against moulds.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 improves the stability and resistance of the formulation to microbial attack.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 is a well-known hydrating agent, and its short lipophilic chain attaches to the lipid structures orientating the hydrophobic part of the molecule to the upper skin layers for better moisture retention.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 is also known to reduce the surface energy and therefore the contact angle of water on the hydrophobic surfaces of the skin, giving better moisture distribution.
- Used as an emollient
- Used as a Humectant
Typically used as an emollient or humectant in formulations which are used for:
- Skin Care
- Colour cosmetics
- Bathing products
- Health care creams
- Hygiene Products
Custom Specialties BillinghamUnited Kingdom
TS23 1PY Billingham
Surface: 42, 000 m²
- 4 reaction vessels (316 L and Duplex 2205) of 25-35 m³ capacity with associated distillation columns of 6-30 plates
- Glass lined reaction vessel (14 m³)
- Methylation/Methyl chloride capping
- Acetal formation
- Aldol condensation,
- Aromatic solvents
- Organic acids
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- EcoVadis CSR Rating: Gold Certification