Technical characteristicsChemoxyCare® 8
CAS N°: 1117-86-8
Appearance: Clear colourless liquid @ 30°C
Odour: Very Low Odour
Colour: 30 Hazen Max
Assay (glc): 99.0% Min
Water Content: 0.3%w/w Max
WHY USE CHEMOXYCARE® 8?
Straight chain 1, 2-alkanediols have been used for almost 25 years as moisturizers with multifunctional activities.
ChemoxyCare® 8 has moisturizing abilities and anti-microbial activities and ChemoxyCare® 8 will work synergistically with other preservatives in personal care formulations, it is often co-formulated with 1,2-Hexanediol or Phenoxyethanol and is used to replace parabens. ChemoxyCare® 8 is also known as 1,2-Octanediol or Caprylglycol.
The key aspect of ChemoxyCare® 8, is its chemical purity , which stems from 2 facets of SEQENS Custom Specialies’ production – our controlled reaction chemistry is such that purity is higher and impurities are minimised through our sophisticated distillation capability.
Benefits of ChemoxyCare® 8:
- ChemoxyCare® 8 has no pH restrictions when used in formulations.
- ChemoxyCare®8 use in formulations tends to be below 1% w/w levels.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 has good antimicrobial resistance to Gram+, Gram- and Yeast.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 also has moderate performance against moulds.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 improves the stability and resistance of the formulation to microbial attack.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 is a well-known hydrating agent, and its short lipophilic chain attaches to the lipid structures orientating the hydrophobic part of the molecule to the upper skin layers for better moisture retention.
- ChemoxyCare® 8 is also known to reduce the surface energy and therefore the contact angle of water on the hydrophobic surfaces of the skin, giving better moisture distribution.
Used as an emollient
Used as a Humectant
Typically used as an emollient or humectant in formulations which are used for:
- Skin Care
- Colour cosmetics
- Bathing products
- Health care creams
- Hygiene Products
Custom Specialties BillinghamUnited Kingdom
TS23 1PY Billingham
Surface: 42, 000 m²
- 3 reaction vessels (316 L and Duplex 2205) of 25-35 m³ capacity with associated distillation columns of 6-30 plates
- Glass lined reaction vessel (14 m³)
- Methylation/Methyl chloride capping
- Acetal formation
- Aldol condensation,
- Aromatic solvents
- Organic acids
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001