Our markets and applications
Positioned in the extremely demanding markets of pharmaceuticals and healthcare, cosmetics and fragrances, food and feed, home care, environmental services, electronics and lubicant additives, Novacap has developed privileged partnerships with its customers, many of whom are industrial world leaders in their sectors.
Cosmetics & Fragrances
Food & Feed
Cosmetics & Fragrances
Novacap has built a wide, comprehensive and cutting edge offer for the cosmetic market sourced in pharmaceutics and fine chemistry know-hows. Already established as the worldwide leader for salicylic acid thanks to the pharmaceutical grade, Novacap has a strong penetration of the cosmetic market, as salicylic acid is widely used in anti-aging and hair care products.
Novacap has dramatically broaden its product portfolio, both in the functional care and active ingredients, with a special focus on fine chemistry, botanicals and biotechnologies.
Further than portfolio products, Novacap offers best in class services in the field of botanical, biotech ingredients and fine chemistry, with the highest quality standards coupled with flexibility and agility.
Novacap DNA is in perfect line with the cosmetic market actual and future drivers, such as sustainable development, excellence in product manufacturing, analytics, safety and regulatory, and digital.
Novacap has been supplying the electronic industry for many years, with a historical specialization on materials used in photolithography for the manufacture of silicon wafers, and a more recent focus on organic electronics (OPV, OLED, O-FET)
Novacap produces a broad range of products to meet the needs of the environmental sector.
- Sodium bicarbonate for treating acid emissions from incinerators and industries.
- Ferric chloride is used to neutralise aqueous acidic waste and to control the pH in water treatment.
- Sodium silicate is used as an additives for green tyres.
- Diisopropyl ether as an extractive solvent in waste water treatment and metal extraction
Food & Feed
Novacap produces valuable and essential ingredients for the food and feed markets.
- Soda ash is used in glass for bottle and jars.
- Sodium bicarbonate is one of the main components of baking powders in bread and pastry making industries.
- Salicylic acid is also used as an additive in the food industry.
- Methyl salicylate is an ester used as a fragrance in food and beverages.
- Hydrochloric acid is used to produce gelatine, starch and food-additives.
- Sodium bicarbonate is used to prevent and treat acidosis in livestock (ovine, cattle and porcine livestock).
Our products are used in detergents and various household products. Our products, sodium bicarbonate and Nabions™, are eco-friendly and ECOCERT certified.
- Sodium bicarbonate and sodium carbonate are used for washing powders and tablets in dishwashers and washing machines.
- Sodium carbonate is used as an laundry softener, it is an anti-odour and anti-scale.
- Sodium silicate, salicylic acid and methyl salicylate prevent corrosion.
- Isopropanol is a disinfectant and a sterilising ingredient.
- Special Lubricants : custom manufacturing of formulated lubricants requiring a high level of quality assurance, such as food grade lubricants, and/or special components for lubricants requiring a fine chemical expertise
- Lubricant & Protection additives : Novacap offers a wide choice of additives (extreme pressure, anti-wear, corrosion inhibitors, emulsifying, etc.), greases and protective products to improve the performance of industrial fluids.
Novacap has built a strong portfolio of APIs manufactured at the highest standards of quality, with a special focus on ingredients benefiting from multiple existing or under study therapeutic applications. This drug repositioning approach of well-described molecules such as aspirin or ketamine, known as polypharmacology, reduces development time and health risks, while it increases the chances of success for Novacap customers to reach the market with these new applications. Leveraging its know-how in pharmaceutical manufacturing production, Novacap also offer high-level services to its customers, providing a wide range of complementary and innovative R&D solutions, as well as scale-up and custom manufacturing capabilities.