NOVACAP offers a complete and fully integrated R&D services to support its customers’ project from initial stage to commercial manufacturing in total compliance with the highest quality, safety and environmental standards. The key of your success is our commitment to delivering the best-in-class services.
Novacap strongly believes in the potential of new cutting-edge technologies to improve the use and efficiency of existing APIs. To support its customers, Novacap offers two complementary solutions: a range of drug delivery polymers, plus a polypharmacology-based drug profiling, both widening the sphere of possibilities in Drug Development strategy.
Drug Delivery and Medical Devices
Novacap’s R&D centers provide an extensive know-how and expertise in tailor made polymers design to meet its customers’ needs. Among our portfolio of polymers:
- Bioabsorbable and biocompatible PLA and PLGA polymers used as functional excipients for controlled and slow release (weeks to months) with a single injection of the drug product. We can provide our customers with small or bulk quantities for screening of PLA/PLGA ± PEG polymers (up to 50 references available) to improve formulation at early stages of development. These polymers are manufactured according to the cGMP standards.
Download the brochure
- VITAMIN E TPGS, a water-soluble derivative of natural Vitamin E, widely used as excipient in pharmaceutical drug delivery innovation.
Download the brochure
- PEKK polymers (Poly-Ether-Ketone-Ketone) useful for long-term implantable human devices with quite unlimited life cycle (several years). These polymers are widely used as orthopedics, neurological, dental, spinal and cardiovascular implants but also in PEKK-based 3D-printed bones.
Novacap offers also its customer to develop other cGMP medical grade polymers such as hydroxybutyrate, (poly)ester, acrylate and methacrylate copolymers
In addition, NOVACAP has developed a strong partnership with Harmonic Pharma, a company that offers its unique Pharmacological Rediscovery© platform in health applications, an approach based on life cycle management of clinical drug candidates and supported by a proprietary in silico/in vitro/in vivo repositioning methodology.
This innovative technology can help to:
- perform polypharmacology-based drug profiling of active ingredients in order to identify novel biological targets, novel mechanism of action, and novel indication
- circumvent toxicity issue by identifying similar safe compounds to client’s molecules
- accelerate pre-clinical investigation in the newly identified indication while advancing drug candidates
- generate intellectual property through comprehensive investigation of known compounds or clinical drug candidate.