A unique ecosystem to accelerate innovative projects
With SEQENS’Lab, we aim to facilitate collaboration amongst our teams in a modern and appealing location, designed for carrying out our customers’ projects more effectively and efficiently. We believe we should contribute to the creation of the next generation of biotech companies by providing entrepreneurs and innovative life-sciences startups with the space and resources they need to test out, challenge, and nurture early ideas.
The SEQENS’Lab is therefore aiming at creating a fertile environment by:
- Fostering a collaborative atmosphere that allows thought-sharing and creative exchange
- Offering best-in-class infrastructure to enable the unfettered practice of science
- Promoting cost efficiencies through sharing of many services such as permitting, purchasing, maintenance, IT, and security
- Anticipating needs for entrepreneurs in order to provide the smoothest possible path to growth
- Creating an innovation ecosystem that fosters collegial interactions among industry, investors, government, and academia
An ecosystem of start-upS incubation
The development of this Ecosystem is truly contributing to create an attractive and modern space, a reference point and a showcase for our customers by gathering in one place multidisciplinary teams with the skills needed to complete their projects.
In addition to hosting strategic partners (GenEvolutioN, Harmonic Pharma) which are providing complementary services for Drug Substance development, the SEQENS’Lab offers shared lab space for lease for life science, biotech and Medtech startups right next to Paris providing a fully equipped laboratories, coworking offices, and a range of services and amenities.
The need to access very expensive wet lab space is often what keeps entrepreneurs in the university. Successful co-working facilities have been built for aspiring DeepTech companies in many centers of innovation, but there has been a paucity of laboratory spaces for BioTech. Laboratory infrastructure is indeed costly, and the initial investment is much larger than just a desk and a good broadband connection. Lease, fit-out, and permitting of lab space consumes precious resources ‒ both human and capital ‒ that could be better spent fine-tuning technology to prepare for clinical trials or commercialization. The SEQENS’Lab solves this problem by adopting very conscious design choices to optimize use of available space, and to facilitate shared use of resources, equipment, and infrastructure. We combine this with a goal-oriented understanding of supported services that remove many operational burdens from startup companies.
The SEQENS’Lab provides month to month, fully functional lab space, permits, waste handling, plus all reasonably common lab equipment for bioresearch and development. Access to conference rooms, event space, and kitchens is also included. In addition, the SEQENS’Lab hosts a large amount of programming specific to the interests of life-sciences startups.
An opportunity to enter an industrial and regulated environnement
The SEQENS’Lab provides all reasonably common lab equipment for bioresearch, including:
- Deionized water, vacuum, and gas supply
- Chemical hoods and BSL-2 facilities
- Large storage facilities with regulated conditions (temperature and humidity)
- Analytical testing equipment (chromatography, spectroscopy, microscopy)
Together with the central infrastructure, the SEQENS’Lab offers a comprehensive set of inclusive services with the leasing of lab space:
- Health, Safety and Environment training and compliance for all lab users
- Maintenance of equipment and technical support
- IT infrastructure and solutions
- Cleaning and waste removal
- Procurement and supply of chemical materials and consumables
In addition, the SEQENS’Lab provides to the partners hosted on site all the scientific expertise through scientific services including:
- Medicinal synthesis and chemical process development
- Process Safety assessment
- Solid State development including crystallization development, shape and size optimization, polymorph screening and solid characterization
- Analytical development
- Production capacities for pre-clinical and clinical studies